Phone: 317 660 3410
Fax: 317 660 3401
- Indiana University - Bloomington (J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1990)
- Ball State University (B.A., 1986)
Areas of Emphasis
- Real Estate Services
- Commercial Lending and Financing Services
- Public/Private Partnerships
Tammy Haney practices primarily in the areas of real estate, municipal law and secured lending. Ms. Haney concentrates her practice in acquisition and disposition of real estate, leasing on behalf of landlords and tenants, and commercial and residential development, including condominium development and creation of owners associations. She has experience with municipalities, public utilities and other public entities related primarily to real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development, rights of way, eminent domain and recreational trails (including rails to trails). She also has experience with both the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and the Americans With Disabilities Act.
She has been an instructor at Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis, and provides educational instruction to legal and real estate-focused organizations. Ms. Haney is a magna cum laude graduate of Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington, and a member of the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations.
Honors and Awards
Recipient: AV® Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell; Indiana University School of Law Fellowship; American Jurisprudence Prize, Highest Grade in Gift and Estate Tax
- Represented national homebuilder in multiple acquisitions and developments including creation of declarations of covenants and formation of homeowners associations.
- Represented municipal client in acquisition of over 200 separate parcels for development of public trail system.
- Represented national developer in multiple acquisitions and financing transactions, including negotiation of loan documents and providing enforceability and local counsel opinions.
- Represented national banking association in acquisition, disposition and development of several branch bank locations.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in refinancing loans and in providing local counsel opinions.
- Represented public traded company in refinancing loan with properties in several locations.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in developing and leasing a number of projects.
- Represented publicly traded company in leasing multiple sites.
- Represented shopping center developer in sale of property to major anchor.
- Represented national retail company in acquisition, development and leasing activities.
- Represented national health care company in acquisition and development of assisted living facilities.
- Represented regional developer in creating mixed-use condominium project documents and owners association.
- Represented non-profit organization in purchase and sale of headquarters.
- Represented developer in acquisition of apartment property and conversion to condominium development.
- Represented residential builder in development of residential project involving a number of mixed uses.
- Represented municipal and public entities in acquisition and disposition of real property, including easements.
- Represented local, regional and national clients in drafting and negotiating retail, office and industrial leases for various types of space.
Appearances and Publications
Ms. Haney has delivered numerous presentations on legal matters pertaining to real estate, real estate transactions, and secured lending. She has presented at seminars sponsored by various organizations, including the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, Half-Moon LLC, Professional Education Systems, Inc., and the National Business Institute.
Public/Private Partnerships in Developing Real Estate (ICLEF, 2010); Indiana Real Estate Practice for Paralegals (Half-Moon Seminars, 1998); Real Estate Title to Real Property (Professional Education Systems, Inc., 1996, 1997); Indiana Real Estate Practice for Paralegals (Clearwater Information Systems, 1995); Keys to a Successful Real Estate Transaction (National Business Institute, 1995); Identifying Land Use Concerns (Clearwater Information Systems Paralegal Seminar, 1994); The Impact of the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 on Real Estate (1992); Taking the Venom Out of COBRA (1991); Simplified Employee Pension Plans An Old Idea Whose Time Has Come (ICLEF, 1991).
Co author: COBRA Be Wary of Its Bite (Indiana Business, February, 1987).
Appointments / Memberships
Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations; Urban Land Institute (Technical Assistance Plan Committee); Hamilton County Leadership Academy (Curriculum Committee); United Way of Central Indiana (Hamilton County Solutions Council); Carmel Repertory Theatre (Board Member); Lutheran Child and Family Services (Former Board Member); Ball State University Cardinal Women's Connection; Butler University Tri Delta Sorority Advisor; Carmel International Arts Festival; Carmel Chamber of Commerce; Carmel Lutheran Church
Outside the Office
Tammy and her husband have three daughters. Tammy and her family enjoy traveling (having visited all 50 states and their capitals) and cheering on the Indiana University Hoosiers and the University of Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, Tammy enjoys reading and cooking. Tammy and her family are members of Carmel Lutheran Church in Carmel, Indiana.